Not long ago I talked about my love for the roasted chicken and its many uses. What I didn’t tell you is that more than anything I love the rotisserie chicken you pick up at the grocery, the one that they have cooked for you. The appeal is obvious-no cooking for me tonight! My work is done. If you are not one to sit at the table and assail the roasted chicken with your bare hands but want a more civilized experience here is an easy way to add a few other things into the mix and have a nice one plate meal.
- The meat from one rotisserie chicken, shredded
- ½ head of a small red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 4 scallions, sliced
- ½ small red onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Sesame-ginger salad dressing
Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, dress with your favorite sesame-ginger salad dressing to you liking.